Qualifications of Applicants:
- Graduate or Undergraduate Students: Applicants must be, at least, in their second year of undergraduate study at the time of application. An undergraduate degree is a plus.
- Preferred academic disciplines: Political Science, History, Economics, Islamic Studies, Oriental Studies, Studies in Turkish/Turkic languages and culture, Sociology, or International Law
- Proved interest in Politics, Society , Economy and Culture of Turkey, South Eastern Europe and/or the Middle East
- A special interest in liberal politics
- Basic or advanced knowledge of the Turkish language desired (not required)
- Excellent command of the English language (in speaking and writing)
- High motivation and commitment
- Highly developed ability to work autonomously and self-dependently
- High level of flexibility in the intercultural dialogue.
Please note: There are no preferences from our side with regard to the nationality of potential applicants. In case you have the qualifications mentioned above, please feel free to apply!
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation (please explain why you are interested in the internship, what it is that makes you a strong candidate and what your expectations of the internship are)
- Academic Transcript from university listing grades as well as courses taken
- Credentials Certificates from past internships/ jobs.
- Availability for the internship.
Please send these documents by mail to the Resident Representative of Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Liberty in Turkey, Dr. Ronald Meinardus (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please send your complete application four months prior to the start of the internship. Early applications will receive preferential treatment.
Please note that due to the volume of applications that we are receiving, we will only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates.
Basic information on our Internship:
- The FNF is an organisation for adult civic education. It is not an educative body.
- The FNF, Istanbul Office, strives to integrate the intern in the daily working routine.
- The internship with FNF is a voluntary service. The FNF will not be able to provide you with any funding for the duration of the internship.
- The standard internship duration is three months. Only in exceptional cases, we might consider a reduced or a prolonged time frame for your internship.
- The intern is required to write a two-page report evaluating her/his internship for the latest within two weeks after the end of the internship.
- FNF will provide you with a certificate documenting your internship (on request).
- In general, your internship with FNF comprises 40 work hours per week. Exceptions are negotiable.
Our service for interns in our office:
- Excellent working conditions (individual working place, PC, access to the Internet; Telefon, etc). The entire office infrastructure is at your disposal
- Access to local and international events in Istanbul (or in Turkey) related to the mission and work of FNF, whether organised by FNF or other organisations.
- Contacts to local and international partners of FNF, in Turkey and on an international scale.
We expect from you:
- Willingness to assist in all fields of our everyday work
- Ability to carry out research and to write reports
- Cooperation in organizing FNF events (conferences, seminars, workshops, round-tables, discussions, visiting programs, etc.).
The FNF is not able to provide you with a health Insurance during your internship, i.e. during your stay in Turkey. We therefore strongly recommend for you to make necessary arrangements, i.e. signing health/accident insurance, prior to the commencement of your internship.
Thus, contracting Health (and, potentially, Accident) Insurance beforehand for your entire stay is highly recommended.